2015-16 Academic Year
Remember Key Dates!
- Mid-March 2015: Parents/guardians will be notified of their child’s school of enrollment by mail (if submitted in person) or e-mail (if submitted online).
- March 18, 2015: Round 2 of SchoolChoice will open
Click here for more information on Round 2
Visit How to choose a school to learn about tools and events to help you research DPS school options.
Click below for answers to frequently asked questions about the SchoolChoice process.
Early Education Philosophy
The philosophy of the Early Education Department is to create an integrated and comprehensive system of diverse, high quality early childhood education and care services. This system of services will enhance the development of young children so they succeed throughout their academic career; support families in their role as nurturers and first teachers; and meet the needs and financial abilities of Denver’s working parents.
Teacher & Para –ECE Non-Student Contact Days 2014-15
- Monday, September 22, 2014 – Alignment of curriculum and assessment (all ECE teachers and paras)
- Monday, December 1, 2014 – CPR/First Aid/Universal Precautions
- Friday, April 17, 2015 – Rocky Mountain Early Childhood Conference
Play, Learn, Succeed: Early Education Video