2015-16 Academic Year
- March 18, 2015-April 15, 2016: Round 2 of SchoolChoice is open
2016-17 Academic Year
Remember Key Dates!
- Now available! Great School Enrollment Guides are now online, click here!
- January 5, 2016: Round One of SchoolChoice for 2016-17 opens
- January 29, 2016, 4:00 pm: Round One SchoolChoice forms are due
- Mid-March 2016: Round One SchoolChoice notifications are sent no later than March 18
SchoolChoice Round One
Any student planning to attend a new school in the 2016-17 school year, including ECE applicants and those entering elementary, middle or high school for the first time, should submit a DPS SchoolChoice form in January 2016. Round One is lottery-based, so all forms submitted at any point during the choice window have equal opportunity for enrollment. Take your time to learn about DPS schools and programs, prioritize your selections, and submit your form by January 29. More information coming soon!
- Visit How to choose a school to learn about tools and events to help you research DPS school options.
- See answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the SchoolChoice process.
Early Education Philosophy
The philosophy of the Early Education Department is to create an integrated and comprehensive system of diverse, high quality early childhood education and care services. This system of services will enhance the development of young children so they succeed throughout their academic career; support families in their role as nurturers and first teachers; and meet the needs and financial abilities of Denver’s working parents.
Non-Student Contact Dates for ECE: Teachers & Paras
- Monday, September 28, 2015—FULL DAY (all ECE teachers and paras), multiple locations TBD
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015—full or partial day required (notification to be sent in Nov.) depending on current certifications in CPR/First Aid, Universal Precautions, Temple Emanuel, 51 Grape St.
- Friday, February 19, 2016—Rocky Mountain Early Childhood Conference, location TBD
Play, Learn, Succeed: Early Education Video