2015-16 Academic Year
Remember Key Dates!
- Mid-March 2015: Parents/guardians will be notified of their child’s school of enrollment by mail (if submitted in person) or e-mail (if submitted online).
- March 18, 2015: Round 2 of SchoolChoice will open
Click here for more information on Round 2
Visit How to choose a school to learn about tools and events to help you research DPS school options.
Click below for answers to frequently asked questions about the SchoolChoice process.
Early Education Philosophy
The philosophy of the Early Education Department is to create an integrated and comprehensive system of diverse, high quality early childhood education and care services. This system of services will enhance the development of young children so they succeed throughout their academic career; support families in their role as nurturers and first teachers; and meet the needs and financial abilities of Denver’s working parents.
Non-Student Contact Dates for ECE: Teachers & Paras
- Monday, September 28, 2015—FULL DAY (all ECE teachers and paras), multiple locations TBD
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015—full or partial day required (notification to be sent in Nov.) depending on current certifications in CPR/First Aid, Universal Precautions, Temple Emanuel, 51 Grape St.
- Friday, February 19, 2016—Rocky Mountain Early Childhood Conference, location TBD
Play, Learn, Succeed: Early Education Video