Getting Familiar with DPS
- Denver Public Schools Web Site — Access to information on the DPS system.
- DPS Parent Guide — Guide on how to navigate the DPS system.
- Find a School — Tool for finding your neighborhood school and other schools in your area.
- Denver Preschool Program — Information on Denver preschool programs and available tuition assistance. For more information, call 303-595-4377.
- Qualistar Colorado — Assistance in finding a preschool childcare program. Includes a comprehensive rating system. For more information, please call 303-339-6800.
- Colorado League of Charters — A comprehensive web site on charter schools. For more information, call 303-989-5356.
- ScoopToo — Parent-run web site with parent interviews, school profiles, blog posts, important announcements and more.
- Child Find — DPS department responsible for locating, identifying, and evaluating children with special needs in Denver. For more information, please call 720-423-8001.
- Kaleidoscope — Kaleidoscope Corner provides a creative, safe and caring environment for children before and after the regular school day. For more information, please call 720-424-8291.
- Head Start — Award winning program for low-income families that prepares children to enter kindergarten confidently with the social, physical, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- DPS Homeless Services — Department dedicated to removing educational barriers that prevent homeless children from having a successful school experience. If you live in North Denver, please call 720-423-8228. If you live in South Denver, please call 720-423-8230
- Department of English Language Acquisition — The English Language Acquisition (ELA) Department is responsible for providing English language acquisition services within Denver Public Schools. For more information, call 720-423-8155.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program — The school cafeteria manager at your is your best resource. If you have additional questions, call 720-423-5624.
- Advanced Kindergarten — Advanced Kindergarten classrooms are designed for students who are academically advanced for their age with exceptional curiosity, attention span, interests, and verbal or mathematical ability. It was developed so the students who already know much of the kindergarten curriculum do not have to repeat it.For more information, call 720-423-8272.