The following DPS preschool and kindergarten programs are tuition based:
- 3 year-old preschool programs
- 4 year-old preschool programs
- Full-day kindergarten programs
- Full-day advanced kindergarten programs
Half-day kindergarten is tuition free. The state funds half-day kindergarten for all Colorado students. Parents are only responsible for the other half of the day.
2016-2017 School Year
- 3 Year-Old Preschool Programs – English | Spanish
- 4 Year-Old Preschool Programs – English | Spanish
- Kindergarten Programs – English | Spanish
Denver Public Schools offers tuition credits through the Denver Preschool Program, Colorado Preschool Program, and other funding sources. Your child’s tuition rate depends on your household size and income. Families are automatically considered for tuition credits when they fill out the application and supply all the correct documentation. If parents don’t provide all documentation you will be assessed the full tuition rate.
Children are only eligible for tuition reductions if:
- They are Denver residents. Non-Denver residents must pay full tuition
- Parents fill out the preschool application and all required documentation
How Denver Preschool Program tuition credits work
The Denver Preschool Program is an independent, non-profit organization that administers tuition credits made available through Referendum 1A, passed by voters in 2006. If your child is 4 years-old or in her last year before Kindergarten, she is eligible for DPP tuition credits. Students are only eligible for one year of DPP tuition credit total. These credits are built into our approved tuition levels.
When a child applies to Denver Public Schools, she is also applying for Denver Preschool Program tuition credits and does not need to fill out another application.
If you have any questions, please call Tuition Billing at 720-423-3698.