UPK Colorado Application Round 3
Round 3 of family matching for UPK Colorado is open. The closing date is still to be determined. As a reminder you may access the State’s application to apply for Round 3: Universal Preschool (UPK) Colorado application.
Families can begin their application at any time and return to it as many times as needed before submitting.
UPK Colorado Application Round 2
Round 2 of family matching for UPK Colorado is closed. Families who submitted or revised applications between February 24 – May 17, 2023, were included in the second round of matching.
Families were notified either by email or text message, whichever was used to create an account.
- Starting Thursday, June 1 and ending Thursday, June 8 at 5:00 p.m.
Have questions about the UPK Colorado application process? Call 303-866-5223 or email email@example.com.
The SchoolChoice enrollment process for Early Childhood Education (ECE) families will be much different than in previous years due to Colorado voters passing Proposition EE in 2020 which Governor Polis signed into law in April 2022. Along with other Colorado school districts, DPS is working with the Colorado Department of Early Childhood (CDEC) to continue expanding its Early Childhood Education program by rolling out a new enrollment process for Universal Preschool (UPK) Colorado. This new change will provide additional funding opportunities for our ECE-providing schools and district partners, including charter schools and private ECE providers.
What does this mean for DPS students?
- Universal Preschool (UPK Colorado) ensures that every child, in the year before they are eligible for kindergarten, is eligible for half-day (minimum 15 hours per week) state-funded, voluntary preschool, beginning in the 2023-24 school year provided they complete the UPK Colorado application and attend a school/program that is a participating provider (like DPS).
- Four-year-olds with qualifying factors may be eligible for additional hours of tuition-free preschool.
- Three-year-olds with qualifying factors may be eligible for at least part-time (10 hours per week) preschool programming.
Families must complete both applications to apply to a DPS ECE program. Click here for more details on the application process.
- Round 1 – closed on February 14, 2023
- Round 2 – closed on May 17, 2023. If you applied for Round 2 you may accept your seat in the UPK portal. For instructions on how to accept your seat follow the guidance on the UPK Colorado Match Review Instructions.
- Round 3 – Open now. The closing date is still to be determined.
- Families of ECE students must complete the application for Round 3 here: UPK Colorado application. You may begin the application at any time and return to it as many times as needed before submitting.
- Families of ECE students must also complete the DPS SchoolChoice application.